Lee University trademarks are used in connection with products and services worldwide to signify the quality and excellence Lee University has worked hard to achieve. Lee University has obtained valuable rights through the proper and continuous use of our trademarks. We adhere to the following usage guidelines to maintain the integrity of our brands and preserve their value:
A trademark is a word, name, symbol, device, design or phrase adopted and used by Lee University to identify our goods and services and to distinguish them from other organizations’ goods and services. Trademarks, otherwise known as brands, are usually marked with either
a TM or ® symbol (the TM symbol designates an unregistered trademark, and the ® symbol designates a registered trademark).
You may use Lee University trademarks to refer to Lee University products and services in marketing and promotional literature, print materials and other media, as long as you adhere to the following guidance:
- · You adhere to these trademark usage guidelines.
- · You do not disparage Lee University products and services.
- · You do not imply a relationship or association with Lee University that does not exist.
- · You use appropriate notice on all trademarks and a footnote indicating that the trademark(s) is/are owned by Lee University, as appropriate.
1. Use appropriate markings. Always designate the trademark with the appropriate TM or ® symbol. Correct: EXPECT SOMETHING GREAT®
2. Use Lee University trademarks as adjectives. A trademark is an adjective that modifies a noun. Always use Lee University trademarks as adjectives that describe the generic service or good.
3. Attribute ownership of Lee University trademarks to Lee University. When referring to a Lee University trademark, include a notice of trademark attribution where appropriate on all labeling, print collateral and other media.
Correct: The Lee University logos, seals, and Expect Something Great, are registered trademarks of Lee University. Lee University is a trademark of Lee University.
4. Logos. Do no tuse any Lee University logos without a trademark license from Lee University. All usage of trademark logos shall be pursuant to these guidelines and any other guidelines applicable to that particular logo. Contact the Office of Publications if you are interested in a license to use a BD logo or you require further guidance on proper trademark usage.